Every year in the Fall all outdoor faucets, spighots, and hose bibs must be properly winterized. If the outdoor fixtures are not properly winterized or not winterized at all for the season, any water in the hose bib or outside faucets will freeze, expand, and crack the valve and/or piping. After Winter, in the Spring, when outdoor fixtures and hoses are turned back on and if the piping happens to be cracked, water will flow and leak into the wall and flood the area.
The way to properly winterize a hose bib:
Contact us by email or at any of the phone numbers below:
(908) 874-6223 Belle Mead, Montgomery, Flemington, Hillsborough, Kingston, Neshanic Sta., Pennington, Rocky Hill, Skillman, Lawrenceville, The Windsors
(908) 725-0079 Branchburg, Bridgewater, Gladstone, Peakpack, Pluckemin, Readington, Somerville
(732) 296-0003 Edison, Highland Park, Milltown, New Brunswick, Piscataway, Somerset
(732) 821-5772 Dayton, Franklin Park, Kendall Park, Millstone, Milltown, Monmouth Jct., North Brunswick, Princeton, Somerset, South Brunswick
(732) 469-5808 Bound Brook, South Bound Brook, Dunellen, Greenbrook, Middlesex, North Plainfield, South Plainfield, Plainfield, Warren, Watchung
(908) 722-4337 Raritan Showroom
Business hours: Mon - Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m,
and consultations by appointment.